Otto Catfish...

fishy55599

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
i am going to get 10 ottos onlline in about a week or so.
are there any special "needs" they need?

i am gonna leave the light on longer for algae to grow so they can eat it when they arrive.
do they need bogwood in the tank like bn plecs do?

i've had 6 ottos for about a month now. they are on the go all day trying to find and eat algae but every few days i stick some cucumber in which they all seem to love. they are all nice and chubby little ottos and are really cool to watch. they also grab dried tubifex worms if they can when i occasionally put some in. love ottos :good:

i've had 6 ottos for about a month now. they are on the go all day trying to find and eat algae but every few days i stick some cucumber in which they all seem to love. they are all nice and chubby little ottos and are really cool to watch. they also grab dried tubifex worms if they can when i occasionally put some in. love ottos :good:

i havent much algae in the tanks atm but i will leave the lights on longer for some to grow by time they come next week.
also i will feed them algae wafers every day as i do with my corys. And cucumber every few days.
I will have 5 in each tank.
I also hope to breed them eventually, as i have heard they breed the same as corys.

will this diet be ok?
do they need bogwood like bn's?

sounds ok to me but i am a newbie so best to wait for someone else to reply. i have bogwood and they do seem to like to hang on it and cleaning it up so yeah if you have some stick it in.

sounds ok to me but i am a newbie so best to wait for someone else to reply. i have bogwood and they do seem to like to hang on it and cleaning it up so yeah if you have some stick it in.

it is only a tiny piece for each tank, but i shall :good:

What size tanks?

Why 5 in each tank? They'd be far happier to be all in together.

What size tanks?

Why 5 in each tank? They'd be far happier to be all in together.

because i have 2 tanks, and i want some in each.
also i would be too overstocked with all them in 1 tank and there woulnt be enough food for them all.

I think 5 in a group should be fine

Fair enough, I'd rather see them all in together, as it'll stop them feeling insecure, but your tanks, your choice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back