Otocinclus number

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know how many otos I should add to my tank (in quite a long time so there is enough algea) because I read that a lot of people struggle to feed them because they are too shy to go eat food and starve to death when there is no more algea. How many should I get in a 50 gallon so that I can feed them and are less shy? I also read that they like to be with corydoras because in the wild they school with them.. Would having corydoras in the tank encourage them to go eat even if I have a smaller group of them?

What is the current stock of the 50g? You could house quite a lot of Cory’s, depending on what the current stock is. It might encourage them to come out and eat more.

What is the current stock of the 50g? You could house quite a lot of Cory’s, depending on what the current stock is. It might encourage them to come out and eat more.
I don't have any fish for the moment but I will get about 7 cory, 10-15 cardinal tetra, one other school of 10 tetra and 4 pearl gourami.

With too stocking I always say the more the merrier. More than 5 is the minimum however they prefer larger groups. I always housed them in a heavily planted tank and fed them daily blanched veggies and they eventually accepted it
How many do you have? I could get 8-10, does that sound ok?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back