Otocinclus and this algae

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ivanfral

Reaction score
So I have otocinclus and they are constatly grazing at this bouffete but it doesn't seem yo go away. What can it this algae efficiently? I have plenty of good for such animal.

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_140604906_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200609_140604906_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 112
Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

What are your water parameters? How many hours a day do you leave the lights on for? Are there any live plants in the tank?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:
What are your water parameters? How many hours a day do you leave the lights on for? Are there any live plants in the tank?
Hi all! Parameters are 0 chlore 7.4ph 120 alkalinity 0 cyanuric acid and the hardness color look all the same xd

Light are 12h on a day and half the tank is full with hornwood so quite a lot of plants, but now that I think of it It's close to the window so it still gets some light before light turn on. I'll reduce hours then.

Yes, reduce hours of light. Also, close the blinds so the sunlight is not directly hitting the tank.

Try reducing your light to about 7 hours per day. You should do a weekly water change of at least 50%, but 75% is better. Make sure you de-chlorinate the new water and it is a similar temperature to your tank. You should vacuum your gravel while you are removing the water and rinse your filter media in the old water you take out. Wipe the inside of the glass with a clean sponge that is only ever used on your fish tank.

All of this will significantly reduce the amount of algae that is created and your tank should look good all the time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back