FishForums.net Fish of the Month
๐Ÿ† Click to enter! ๐Ÿ†

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
๐Ÿ† Tank of the Year ๐Ÿ†
3x Fish of the Month ๐ŸŒŸ
4x Tank of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Reaction score
Not really an emergencie as such but noticed one of my Oto's with this white/red patch on hes head during tonights water change. Injury perhaps ????

Any ideas Peeps

20200227_181714.jpg
20200227_182059.jpg

Maybe he was trying to burrow under something or fit between your heater and the glass.
Hoping its nothing to serious and hes just bumped it. It looks like a burn tbf, you might be spot on there with trying to fit by the heater. They spend most the time up in the corners behind the large plants and heater.

Ill keep a close eye on him

Hope he will be alright and heal, I would watch him closely just in case the other fish start taking an interest in his wound.

It looks like he bumped into something, do you have any other aggressive or semi aggressive fish in your tank?

It looks like he bumped into something, do you have any other aggressive or semi aggressive fish in your tank?
Not really the barbs leave the otos and shrimp alone. All is peaceful. Must of knocked it or got too close to one of the heaters. Just going to keep a close eye on him and keep the water pristine.

Yeah it looks like a burn, either chemicals or from a heater

What are your ammonia levels? The area (near the gills) looks like maybe ammonia poisoning? Is it on both sides or just the one?

What are your ammonia levels? The area (near the gills) looks like maybe ammonia poisoning? Is it on both sides or just the one?
Sorry i missed this reply. Its just the 1 side. Water params are as usual. Ammonia is zero.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back