Oscars Tankmates to Datnoids

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

monsterkeepercloud

Reaction score
I have a 3 months old datnoid and 2 months old bichir and were tankmates for 3 months now and have kept both of them on a 100 gallons standard size tank. I was planning to add some more fishes and I came across with oscars. An Albino Red, Tiger, and Red oscars which are all on 2x2 sizes. I have read articles in Google and they mentioned that they do not get along with datnoids. My datnoid size is current 3.5x3.5 and my bichir is 4 inches. Are they going to get along if I bought these 3 different type of oscar or are they going to have a huge ramble within the tank? Thank you.

I have a 3 months old datnoid and 2 months old bichir and were tankmates for 3 months now and have kept both of them on a 100 gallons standard size tank. I was planning to add some more fishes and I came across with oscars. An Albino Red, Tiger, and Red oscars which are all on 2x2 sizes. I have read articles in Google and they mentioned that they do not get along with datnoids. My datnoid size is current 3.5x3.5 and my bichir is 4 inches. Are they going to get along if I bought these 3 different type of oscar or are they going to have a huge ramble within the tank? Thank you.
sounds like a plan , Iā€™d want my oscars a little larger than the datnoid or a similar size , Iā€™m thinking 3 oscars itā€™s too many for your tank with what you hve already and with these fish who knows what adolescent will bring could be a right nightmare , have you thought about passive fish maybe like a large pleco ?

sounds like a plan , Iā€™d want my oscars a little larger than the datnoid or a similar size , Iā€™m thinking 3 oscars itā€™s too many for your tank with what you hve already and with these fish who knows what adolescent will bring could be a right nightmare , have you thought about passive fish maybe like a large pleco ?
Yes. I just bought an Albino Short Gibbicep for both. So far, they are doing good.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back