Oscar staying at surface

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Big Boy Fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Today i woke up like any day and they were all normal. I took a ornament out because my BP didn't like it, now when i got in from school the oscar was sitting top left of the tank. I put shrimp in and he ate them but came back up after. I only got him 1 month ago and I've never seen him doing this. If its bad PLEASE HELP!!! It could only be that he's not sure on the rearrangement.

Could you get a picture of em?

How long has the tank been set up for?
What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water?

Basic first aid for a fish when you don't know what is wrong:
Test the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Wipe the glass down with a clean fish sponge.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week or until you know what the problem is.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use them. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens.

Increase aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise the oxygen in the water.

Start a thread and add some pictures and video of the fish, and a full description of its symptoms.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back