oscar not moving much

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
A

alison

Hi! I hope someone can give me some advice because I'm new at this. My family and I set up a 70 gallon tank recently. My husband tested the water and brought a sample in to the pet shop. I think my husband said the ph is 7.4, anyway the guy who tested it said it was good for the 3 fish we brought home, a small tiger oscar, a firemouth and a green terror. We kept them in the plastic bag for about an hour while slowly mixing in the tank water. The other 2 fish are doing fine but the oscar is just laying at the bottom of the tank. I called the pet shop to find out what I could do and the guy told me if he dies they'll replace him. I said "what can I do to HELP HIM!" He said "h'e probably stressed out because he was fine in the store" which is true. Does anyone have any idea what happened or what I can do about it. I feel really bad. He's a cute little guy and my son really likes him.

I am gonna move this topic to the cichlid section you'll get more help there ;)

is he getting picked on?have you tested for ammonia?whats the temp?

Thanks everyone for trying to help. Fortunately, it seems he was just a little freaked out by the new environment (as my brother -in -law said was possible). Today he is the most active fish of the three. My brother-in-law said that Oscars are very intelligent so they are more sensitive to things like new surroundings. Alls well that ends well. Thanks again.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back