Oscar/Giant Danios

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Bobby2415

Reaction score
i have a tank right now with 9 giant danios (approximately 1.5ā€). If I were to get single juvenile Oscar, would they do ok possibly?

No.

They might be ok while the Oscar is small, but when it reaches 6 inches in length, it will eat them. And eventually the Oscar will reach a foot in length so you need a big tank with big tank mates for an Oscar.

Donā€™t Giant Danios get up to 4ā€ though? Thatā€™s still too small?

we use to feed Oscars whole whitebait. The whitebait are about 3-4 inches long and the Oscars will eat whole whitebait when they are 6 inches long.

Yes,I agree with @Colin_T , donā€™t put them in the same tank! I have seen Oscars eat anything from Hamburger meat, to live goldfish!

It can work if the danios were fully grown already, but even then a large oscar can swallow them in one bite if he wants to.

Oscars grow very quickly, so even a baby will soon outgrow your danios and chow down.

What size tank do you have set up?

It can work if the danios were fully grown already, but even then a large oscar can swallow them in one bite if he wants to.

Oscars grow very quickly, so even a baby will soon outgrow your danios and chow down.

What size tank do you have set up?

I have a standard 55 gallon

I have a standard 55 gallon

I figure Iā€™m going to have a hard time getting these danios out of the tank with them being so quick. So Iā€™ll just let natural selection do itā€™s deal if it eventually comes to it. Hopefully it wonā€™t though.

Most reactions

trending

Back