🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Attachments

• 20220907_181620.jpg
    20220907_181620.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220907_181510.jpg
    20220907_181510.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 33
They will hang put together. sleep side by side. Then the solid color one. Wants to start the fighting stuff again.

Last edited:
Now @Rocky998 is giving you advice I will back down, I responded to the other thread.
I appreciate everyone's advice. I just had no idea this would be going on for days. It has slowed down and they are still always by each others side. Which I believe is more evidence of a breeding pair. I think the female just isn't quite ready.

Need to know size of aquarium. Water change amount. I can sex them if you post a vent pic.
The tank is 125 gal. I do two 50% water changes a week because of nitrates. There are 5 silver dollars and a pleco. The filtration is a fluval fx4, fluval 307 and a Marineland magnum polisher.

Now @Rocky998 is giving you advice I will back down, I responded to the other thread.
That is all the advice I am giving as I have never kept oscars.
I was just giving my thoughts on the situation

I think you very much sir thank you again
No problem. I wasn't looking for a thanks. @itiwhetu was just trying to bring up that I'm not as experienced in this field as others are and he is completely right...
Me and him tend to disagree on a few things but I won't hide the fact that he is more experienced than I am and knows more.
He can take over from her or other members can but I will not offer any thing else because I'm unqualified to do so

Hang in there, it will be fine.
They are a breeding pair!!! No eggs yet. The love making has not been so violent, the still stay next to each other 24/7 ams they are clearing the flatbricks and slate i added to the tank... thank you everyone for all your help. A the damage to Ragnar was really from the decor. "She" is extremely intelligent and does flipping maneuvers during combat. As when Lagatha,"female" is a bulldozer. Boy, did we get it backwards. Lol

If anyone remembers my thread awhile back labeled " Oscar fight", about 6 weeks ago I think, time is going by so fast I don't remember. Well, the behavior is still going on itbhas changed so though. The larger one ( assuming it's the male) is still kinda beating up non the smaller one. However not in a way that hurts it. But it's either them Two laying in a the he they dug, doing Jerky head movements at a rock and / or swimming peacefully together. Or pushing each other around the tank. They are both approximately the same age. Maybe the larger one is a couple weeks older. We got the smaller one first and the second about a month later and it way about an inch longer.( this was when they were less than 2 inches). I was thinking , if they are not a pair, and the behavior is territorial, then why does the larger one refrain from hurting the submissive one? And if they are a pair. Why won't they get this over with. I am going to post a link to some videos I took this morning and if you look up the thread " Oscar fight" you can view the videos from 6 weeks ago.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back