Ordering Fish Online

Never ordered fish online before.I have ordered inverts, but i have suffered from DOA (dead on arrival)
Will your lfs order them from their suppliers??

Okay i've never ordered fish online but i did get my clean-up crew (Snails) from there and they all arrived safely. Lots of people buy online and are happy with what they recieve, on the rare occasion that something does go wrong your normally entitled to cash back or a replacement being sent out.

Have some Corals being delivered tommorow by Chac which is overnight delivery. Not fish again but'll let you know how i get on :thumbs:

Dan

I've never had an issue with an online order. Many etailers offer an arrive alive gaurentee and liveaquaria even offers a 14 day gaurentee. I don't think these places could stay in business if they were shipping dead fish. ;)

I'd say 80% of livestock in my tank came from online. Never had a DOA with regards to fish. Drs. FS has a 14 day guarantee and they have honored it ALWAYS with regards to my corals. All fish from them arrived alive. SH

I have had lots of deaths from Dr's Foster and smiths, but they have promptly refunded all losses, and if part of n item dies (like half of a 75 pack of shrimp) they refund for the whole thing.

Just goes to show you that results differ between aquarists. I have a 100% fish survival rate from them. My advice then is to be selective. If there is a species that you want but is not available locally and you have your heart set on it, you can give online shipping a try with the understanding that they will refund you for the fish if it is DOA, but, you may take a shipping loss (they don't refund shipping costs).

I have several 'email alerts' out with them waiting for stuff I'd like to have. Good luck with it. SH

Yeah, the fedex here sucks IMHO, I just got a helfritches firefish and it looks like someone beat it with a stick, its lieing on its side huffing and puffing right now, hope it makes it.

i ordered from saltwaterfish.com i ordered snails, clownfish, anemones, hermits, and fether dusters. all arived in good condition. the clowns ( ocellaris) were great, they ate right after acclimation.

in my experience w/ saltwaterfish .com i was extreamly satisfied..... but there only downfall is if something does arrive dead. you can get it replaced but theyll only send it back on your next order. minimum of like 70 dollars.

It's 9:58 am on Tuesday, and my B&W clownfish have just been delivered from Saltwater.com. Both fish are looking active and frisky! I had them delivered to my office, so at lunch I'll go home and start acclimating them! Very exciting and the entire office gathered around my desk to see the black and white Nemo's!

9:09 pm Tuesday night, and the fish are in the tank. I did the 2 hour drip-method acclimation in a Home Depot bucket according to Saltwater.com's instructions. The clowns sure are fiesty little devils. They clearly own the tank. Might have to do some fish re-arranging to keep everyone happy. I added both clowns at the same time, and so far they seem to be getting along ok. One is slightly bigger than the other. I haven't turned the tank lights on yet, but they are almost totally black with white stripes and a dot of orange on their nose. Attractive fish that you won't see in everyone's tank.

Saltwater.com gets a thumbs up for very prompt delivery, great packing, and healthy fish.

Most reactions

trending

Back