Ordered Some New Plants!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ben1234

Reaction score
Hows it goin,

I am pretty excited! I just ordered 5 java ferns, 2 java fern lace, 2 bunches of Rotala rotundifolia, 2 bunches of ludwigia repens and 2 bunches of pearlgrass. I have about 1.3 watts per gallon of "NO" lighting over my 90 gallon, so hopefully these will do fine. I have a quick question, do i plant the Rotala and Ludwigia in the substrate or on a rock/ piece of wood? Help me out. Thankyou in advance
Benjamin

Yeah, plant the rotala and ludwigia in the substrate and they will root.

awesome, thats what I figured I just wanted to be sure. Thank you Liam for the advice!
Hope all is well
Ben

Well, my plants finally came! All together I actually got around 14 java ferns!!
I did something a little reatrded though. I attached all the javas to rocks then put them in my aquarium. When I looked more closely at them through my aquarium, I realized their roots are bound together by sewing thread. They used black so I coundnt really tell. My question is, will they be able to still grow with thread around them. It looks like if I unbound them I would damage their root structures. Will the thread eventually weaken and break?
Thankyou,
Benjamin

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back