Order of Fish Stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Bobby2415

Reaction score
Im going to be getting a Blue Acara, Firemouth, and Severum for my 55 gallon tank. I donā€™t plan on getting them all at the same time so I didnā€™t know if there would be a best order to put the fish in (to avoid aggression/territorial issues). I will be getting the fish at a pretty small size.

Thanks!

You are better off getting them at the same time if possible, then they can all settle in together. If you add one and wait a week before adding another, the original one will have taken the tank as its territory and attack any new fish you add. Adding them all together means none of them have a home ground advantage and they can each set up their own territory.

If you can only add them one at a time, rearrange the tank just before you release the new fish into it. This will break up the old territories and give the new fish more chance of finding a home instead of being bashed because it came into the other fish's territory.

You are better off getting them at the same time if possible, then they can all settle in together. If you add one and wait a week before adding another, the original one will have taken the tank as its territory and attack any new fish you add. Adding them all together means none of them have a home ground advantage and they can each set up their own territory.

If you can only add them one at a time, rearrange the tank just before you release the new fish into it. This will break up the old territories and give the new fish more chance of finding a home instead of being bashed because it came into the other fish's territory.

That makes sense. I will make it happen to get them all at once. Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back