Orange Sharks 94 Litre Marine Attempt!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Im struggling to get pictures because my dad keeps taking his camera into work and doesnt come back until around 2 hours after the lights are switched off.

I have news, my dads decided that he's going to use the room my tank is in for his office, and he says im going to have to move my tank. I was livid all night as im happy where it is and now im going to have to remove the rock, catch the fish, catch the shrimp, find all the hermit crabs and snails take out the water all to mive it maybe 8 foot across the room.

Now im kinda looking forward to rescaping it so i can put my fosilised clam on show and try something new!

Im going to get a few sheets of polystyrene foam to go under my tank and level it up as i've realised that its a little unlevel.

orange shark

thinking of moving the tank on sunday, but current pics are finally here! (quite a lot)

Full tank shot (note: The one rock with hair algae isnt being cleaned for some reason, the algae on the sides are bits i cannot get too because of the rock and the top right seems empty because ive taken my broken pump out to return it)

P1010385.jpg

P1010362.jpg

P1010361.jpg

Hermit crab i was foccussing on for some reason:

P1010367.jpg

P1010368.jpg

P1010369.jpg

P1010370.jpg

P1010372.jpg

Clowns:

P1010363.jpg

P1010371.jpg

Pyjama Wrasse :wub:

P1010374.jpg

P1010375.jpg

P1010377.jpg

P1010382.jpg

P1010383.jpg

Identifications please:

P1010373.jpg

I have loads of these legs throughout my tank, im guessing they are brittlestarfish legs, am i right?

and....

P1010366.jpg

is this some type of algae?

thanks,

orange shark

on the wrasses moth it seems to be a white patch, is that just its colouration?

Yes, those are brittle stars, just wait, as your tank matures those legs will be poking out from EVERYWHERE when you feed. The tank looks great, I like all the tonga rock you have. Your sixline makes me miss mine, I may have to pick one up soon.

which bits the tonga rock? :lol:

i thought they were brittlestars, i dont need to wait until feeding theyre already everywhere!

sixline wrasse are my favourite fish :D

Lookin Good OS
but make sure you keep on top of the algal issues especially the sp. on the right. Looks like the stuff that plagued me for so long.
Otherwise it's a good start. Are you looking to add coral at some stage
I like the wrasse BTW
Regards
BigC

Great pics of the hermit, wrasse and clownfish.

To bad to have to move the tank, but like you say you can resculpt the tank :)

thanks (whats sp.? :blush:)

yes deffinately getting some corals at some point,

i dont know whether ive said this before but im picking up a royal gramma tommorow :D

but make sure you keep on top of the algal issues especially the sp. on the right. Looks like the stuff that plagued me for
I'm thinking he's just referring to the algae covered rock that nothing wants to clean...although I could be wrong :unsure:

well...

the royal gramma i was going to buy died last night at the shop so in a way im dissapointed not to have it but also happy it didnt die in my tank.

they did have another larger royal gramma but after much consideration i decided against it as it might get more stressed when i move the tank tommorow and i dont like the fish that much anymore.

They have a gold rainfords goby which i took a liking too but its just too small and i would hardly ever see it :( so any suggestions on my next addition?

thanks,

orange shark

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back