Orange Peels In Discus Tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Chad

Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I ran across this article that I thought I would share with you all. It's about putting orange peels in the tank to improve health and eating habits of sick fish. Read it for your self.Ā 
Ā 
Has anyone heard of this before? It's a new one on me but very interesting.Ā 
Ā 
DSC_0067_crop_1000w.jpg

Ā 
"Tyler credits ā€œeitherĀ Dick AuĀ (a well known San Francisco author and discus breeder), or a transshipperā€¦I canā€™t rememberā€ with sharing this little bit of fish husbandry voodoo with him [Editorā€™s update ā€“ weā€™ve confirmed this came from Dick Au]. The trick was to place an orange peel in the aquarium for 24 hours. Each day, remove the old orange peel, and add another. As he explained it, you can do this for up to seven days before you should ā€œgive the fish a break.ā€ A few days ā€œoffā€ with some carbon and a water change and you could repeat the ā€œtreatmentā€ if needed. But wait, I havenā€™t even told you what this supposedly does!"
Ā 
http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2016/04/19/introducing-orange-peel-discus/

Very interesting article. I don't know anything about putting orange peels in your tank... but I don't know much at all about fishkeeping. I shall be sure to try this if I ever have an issue.

Now, I HAVE heard that orange oils are beneficial for humans. But I have never heard of anything this crazy for fish...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back