Orange Neon Plattys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

markus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok i posted a topic about this fish yesterday and his batterd fins but forgot to ask another question.

about 1 week ago i seen small orangey yellowy balls come out of its you know what and my tiger barb eate the first one and then the platy itself eat the next 1.

what was it?

Aborted platy fry, which had not developed fully.

how come it has aborted the fry, guessing plattys are egglayers

markus said:
how come it has aborted the fry, guessing plattys are egglayers
No platys are livebearers like mollies, guppies, swordtails and more.

I think they can abort fry because they are sick or stressed and what you saw coming out of her was the unborn fry, I'm afraid.

Had anyting happened to stress her?

well this was b4 the tigerbarbs nibbled her fins, she seemed fine b4 but now the tiger barbs are nibbling my 2 plattys

markus said:
well this was b4 the tigerbarbs nibbled her fins, she seemed fine b4 but now the tiger barbs are nibbling my 2 plattys
That'd do it, is there somewhere else you can put the barbs or the platys?

Stress can be a major problem for fish and it can lead to all sorts of disease.

well i cant afford a new tank im only 16, its hard enough to get money for this 1 its an expensive hobby.

is there no seperation thing i can put in the tank for the fish until its fins grow bk and i get some more tigers.

if there is can u post a link were i can buy it. cheers

markus said:
well i cant afford a new tank im only 16, its hard enough to get money for this 1 its an expensive hobby.

is there no seperation thing i can put in the tank for the fish until its fins grow bk and i get some more tigers.

if there is can u post a link were i can buy it. cheers

I think dividers are available as people sure them with bettas. What size is your tank? It could be a better option for you to take back the barbs. IMO having a bigger group does not always work to reduce aggression and to have the number you need would take up a lot of the room in your tank.

what are those net fingys what ive seen in tanks

yea i read what u wrote, is there not like a plastic container or sum sort what u can put in the tank till it is betta

because im a begginer and didnt know about that

Most reactions

Back