Orange & Green Wild Columbian Corydoras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

§tudz

A True Oddball
Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up 15 of these fish today and I am trying to get an ID on them from this video.
I dont need an ID on the Brochis (I think they are splendens, possible multuradiatus), Otocinclus or the C. trilineatus just the other corys in the video.

In the video they look very dark brown, but they are a green colour, their fins are green with a hint of orange, and they have an orange stripe down the dorsal (top) of the body which dips at the gills. Same issue with the brochis they are a wonderful metalic green, but they look grey in the video.

They were labeled as Wild Columiban Green & Orange Cories, so I think they are possible a regional varient of C. aeneus. but having said that there are some similarities with Corydoras melanotaenia, and the distribution would also be correct for this species, according to planetcatfish.com

They have only been in this tank for a few hours so are a little stressed still, the orange colours in the tank at the shop, and when they were bagged was much more striking, but not metalic like with the sp. lasers and golden/orange shoulders.

Any help would be great, I currently dont have a working camera (apart from my on phone, which isnt great and does them no favours) so I cant get any decent pictures.

here's the Video
Link to youTube
For best quality view on youTube at 480p

Thanks for any help.

I was going to say Corydoras melanotaenia, my lfs sells them as exactly what your supplier sells them as.

Cool, what sort of prices do you see them for, and which is your LFS as I got these in Sheffield

had a positive ID from Ian Fuller that they are Corydoras melanotaenia, always good to get the expert opinion as well.
That was the quickest Id Ive ever had.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Back