Orange Blotch Marmalade Peacock?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Lisa67

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just bought two fish marked orange blotch marmalade peacock.Ā  When I googled the name, I came up with a bunch of variations.Ā  I'm looking for any specificĀ info on them.Ā  I found this pic on line (not my fish but looks just like it).Ā  Any help appreciated.
Ā 

Attachments

• small fish.png
    small fish.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 140
I've never kept one but can tell you what I know. It's a hybrid species of cichlid. Supposed to be pretty easy to care for and hardy. Eats typical cichlid foods. Like other cichlids it's temperamental and shouldn't be housed with peaceful fish.
Ā 
It needs a tank of about 50 gallons (200 liters).
Ā 
Trying searching for Aulonocara cichlid species as I believe that's the right species. Ā 
Ā 
I'm sure someone who has actually kept one will post so my info is just a starting point.

Thank you.Ā  Like everything on line there are so many variations.Ā  I put them in a 75 gal tank with two angel fish (and a few tetra).Ā  Not a planned combo, (or aĀ great one)Ā but so far everyone seems to be getting along.Ā 

You may experience issues with that angel in terms of aggression and the tetra are likely to become food. I hate to be a doom-sayer but I am not too confident things will remain okay.

I have the same concerns.Ā  So far it seems that the peacocks stay near the bottom of the tank, and the angles are more mid to upper tank.Ā  I can always move the tetras...I'm not sure if I should be concerned that the peacocks are bullying the angles...or the other way around.

I'm not sure about that...I don't have enough experience with larger cichlids to say. I'm sure someone who does will read this and let us know.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back