Orange back gold Gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

st3f

Reaction score
Selling my gold gourami. She (I think) is just over 2 inches long, bought three months ago. Hadn't appreciated they are semi-aggressive, and she has already started harassing my pearl gourami and blue rams.

Sadly I need to find a new home for her before she gets any bigger.

Open to offers. Collection only. Near Clitheroe, UK

P1010199.JPG

It’s male. :)

Do you only have one Pearl Gouramy? They’re social fish that live in small groups so it’s probably stressed anyway. Ideally keep at least two females per male.

It’s male. :)

Do you only have one Pearl Gouramy? They live in small groups so it’s probably stressed anyway. Ideally keep at least two females per male.

Thanks!! I guess I'm new to gouramy... :)

Yes, just one pearl at the moment. It seemed quite chilled before the gold one came along... However, I'll certainly buy it some companions, but need rid of this chappy first, as he's mercilessly after the pearl :( Or do you think that numbers might bring safety for the pearls?

Golds are a man made variety of the 3-Spot Gouramy. Males are territorial and can be downright nasty, especially to other gouramies. More Pearls will very likely increase his aggression.

Agree. Trichopodus trichopterus (in any of the varieties, it is the one species) is more inclined to aggression to other gourami and frequently any fish it decides is a nuisance. Trichopodus leerii (Pearl) is much less feisty. If the gold gourami has exhibited aggression as indicated, it may get even worse but it will not get better.

Agree. Trichopodus trichopterus (in any of the varieties, it is the one species) is more inclined to aggression to other gourami and frequently any fish it decides is a nuisance. Trichopodus leerii (Pearl) is much less feisty. If the gold gourami has exhibited aggression as indicated, it may get even worse but it will not get better.
Thanks - very encouraging :lol: Yes, I think it's bullied the juvenile rams into hiding... Hence I'm trying to move it on to another home :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back