opinions on bumblebee goby

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vrmmmpshhh

Reaction score
hey guys i researched this little fish and decided to buy 2 of them for my 51G community tank, they are pretty lazy little fellows, ohh yesterday i saw one of them stuck half way up the side of the glass and it wasnt even moving any fins, what allows them to do this?

ON another note i read that they will eat anythign that fits into their mouths, well the day after i put them into the tank i noticed that one of my glass cats had a missing tailfin!!! it was struggling to swim properly and died today. Do you think the bumblebee could have done this? The fin is so big compared to its mouth.

Bumblebee gobies! Wow, I haven't seen those around here (N FL) in a long time. I used to have them though. I never had any problem with them being aggressive toward any other fish, other than I once had them in a tank with guppies and never seemed to have baby guppies for more than a few days. Hmmm, built-in live food! What else do you have in the tank? I find it difficult to believe (though I've certainly come to learn that anything is possible) the bumblebee would have done that to your glass cat.

I tried three of these a few years ago.....
Shortly after I started loosing Neons. :( I had no diseases and the water qual was fine. :huh:
I got rid of the Gobies and never lost any more Neons. :)

They can stick to things becuase they have a dip/cavity onthe belly that can 'sucker' on to things. When they are on the glass you should be able to see it.

I would not get them again, even though they do look nice.

Good luck there..........

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back