Opinion on ramshorn snails

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have always liked ramshorn snails. But there are other options which I'm not familiar with and are worth exploring.

They are cool. You need to decide what you want. If you have snails you will have less of a chance of fry surviving. So you can breed Snails or Tiger Barbs depending on what you want to do.
@itiwhetu ohhh sorry forgot to mention this is for my other tank a 5 gallon betta tank

Apple snails get really big and lay their eggs out of water usually on the lid of your tank. Ramshorn snails are way more invasive lay they eggs everywhere and can become a nuisance.

I personally haven’t noticed mine eating any algae. I would get nerite snails if you want any snail to consume your algae.

What algae problem do you have? I had black hair algae problem so decided to get a few siamese algae eaters. They are quite characters and definitely do the job soon devour all the black hair and haven't destroyed all the green algae that's not a pest. They are always hungry tho. Here's a good link for algae issues
https://www.tankarium.com/best-algae-eaters/Algae problems and solutions

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back