Opening Day!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

qwikimpss

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Well the Red Sox just wrapped up their opener at Texas Rangers and I have to say, they look GOOD!

Curt Shilling looked very healthy and was pitching in the 90-93 mph range all day. He also threw in some changeups and actually went inside on a few batters. All told he allowed two runs, only one walk and fanned out 5 in 7 innings while throwing 117 pitches. Jonathan Papelbon looked good, struck out one in an inning. On the other hand Keith Foulke looked a little off of his game and allowed a two big hits while getting out with one earned run.

David "Big Papi" Ortiz cranked a big two run homer and drove in another with an RBI double. Lowell also cranked one. Jason Varitek (my personal fave) had a good game going 2 for 4.

Defensiveley the Sox look amazing with the new blood they picked up on the offseason. Youkilis should be good at second and Alex Gonzalez made some nice plays at SS while Coco Crisp made the BIG plays in center.

Anyways...enough of my rambling. This was only one game in a 162 game season. Altho I gotta say that if this team "gels" like the '04 team was we citizens of the Red Sox Nation could be looking at another WS.

Oh yeah, Sox won 7-3....how could I leave that out!

Anyways...enough of my rambling. This was only one game in a 162 game season. Altho I gotta say that if this team "gels" like the '04 team was we citizens of the Red Sox Nation could be looking at another WS.

Oh yeah, Sox won 7-3....how could I leave that out!

As long as they don't have to face the current Champs in the playoffs. I still have my broom from that (quick) series. ;)

Oh yeah, I know, the White Sox are still damn strong! They wiped the floor with the REAL Sox in the playoffs last year, but I knew that Chicago had it, they were incredibly strong, no way Boston coulda held them off, not without Shilling and Foulke at least.

not too bad there over 500 lol. IMO the rocket wasent really a big part last season . not because of him but because of the bats .wins is what count and even though he had one of the lowest era's wins is what helps your team...( well in clutch situations he came through) that game vs atlanta when he came into the game as a reliver was great. he lost alot of 1 to 0 game because we have only a couple of bats.
he had the least run support in mlb.... and still had a winning record. he is truly one of the greates of all times...if the astros would have batted for him he would in my mind got another cy young.

did you know roger clemens, roy oswalt, and and pettite finished in the top 5 in for the cy young.

that was a great world series.... even though it was a sweep it could have easily been 4-0 the other way, they were in all of the games. we just couldent hit in key situations like all season. and the white sox's took advantage of most of theres. we took the lead and blew it. lidge still hasent been the same since the albert pujols bomb.

:good: were not doing that great now but ,hell last years beggining was bad. we wont win the division but i think well win the wild card. as of 5/24/ were 25 & 22

roger will be back soon. he lives here.i dont think hell play anywhere else.

p.s. i hate the evil empire

AMEN ON THE YANKEE HATING!!!!

Yeah, that's the crappy thing is that the 'Stros, the offense has been flat for the past couple o' seasons.

Not as bad as the Rangers tho, their pitching has been so bad that they seem like they need to score 10 runs a game to win.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a lil more than wildcard this year. I don't with injuries on ANY team or player but with the Yankees being hurt so far this season I kinda hope it keeps up and the Sox can take the division, they seem liek they can do it, the pitching is there for the most part.

i loved when the red sox came back after being down 3 to the yanks. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back