Open Water Padi!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dulce

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well i just finished my open water diving qualification and i am hooked ! we are 3 weeks in of 12 months travelling and when in ko samui decided to go to ko tao for the diving ! Its incredible the visability was brilliant and the fish - porcupine fish, whiptail rays, sweetlips, butterfly fish, BIG trigger fish, cobia and so so much more ! We were really lucky as we saw a turtle - he was gorgeous ! After Asia we fly to Oz so thinking of doing advanced there ha ha ..

I'd certainly recommend the advanced :nod: it's easy to do, but leaves you feeling a bit more confident so you enjoy the diving a lot more :nod:

I am so jeleous, of where you've been and where you're going. Take pics if you can :)

Arfie

Yeah we wanted to do our advanced but we are travelling around asia until August 28th and not surprisingly are burning up cash quicker than expected so we plan to do our advanced in australia once we are working and have some income !

We did not do any skills work in the pool the first dive is a 'fun dive' with a couple of skills thrown in so you can decide if you definately want to do it and if you dont they just charge you for that dive ! It was tough with the sea water at first but we quickly adjusted and it was great because he taught us how to get to neutral bouyancy on the first day, so by the 4th official dive we had actually done 5 and had experimented enough with our bcds to be fairly confident but i am looking forward to doing our advanced and we are considering the rescue course !

We are back in ko samui now but are off to bangkok tomorrow and are looking into diving in vietnam which is also supposed to be amazing so its all exciting stuff!

i have a site with photos but unfortunaterly none of the diving the site is www.photobucket.com/dulce82 under travelling there are pics of both islands - they really are so beautiful!

UPDATE - did 2 more dives in Na Trang Vietnam and unfortunately found it incredibly dissapointing compmared to thailand but we fly to oz next week so that should be good !!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back