Opal Is Dying :'(

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snoopyfrench87

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My oldest and first betta Opal is dying! :( :-(

I had to dog sit at a friends house yesterday i fed the bettas in the morning, then had to turn their day light off and leave, i came back this morning and opal has all hid fins clamped to him and is sleeping on a leaf in the tank.

the water stats are fine, i have a mature filter running and i have just completed another part water change (just incase)

I feel that it is just opals time, he is quite an old boy and has had quite a stressfull life.

Spyro who is on the other side of the tank division is absolutely fine, and so are the two aquatic frogs, borneo sucker, and snails; its just opal :(

Im going to be so hurt to loose him; he is such a beautiful and much loved boy who has given me lots of happiness and talk me loads!

I have treated him for about an hour in a small holder with some internal parastite medicine and returned him to his divider.

:-(

Oh nooo.......I'm so sorry Laura :-( :-( :-( It's so horrible to see them like that but you never know, he may perk up again. I would treat the whole tank just in case. It may be that Spyro's immunity is stronger at the moment but if there is something in the tank it could affect him at some point. Not sure whether you can treat with the frogs in there though!!!

Keep us updated on how he gets on and just make sure he's able to get to the surface easily for air. Fingers crossed for you xxx

he has a plant he is laying on at the top of the tank - so nice and easy to reach the air.

the internal meds this morning do not appear to have helped, he has lost his colour, and i am worried there might be external parasites, so just to check i have jacked up the temperature to speed up any life cycles and salted the tank.

nothing new has been added to the tank recently so i do not belive this is the problem - im pretty certain it is just opals old age - but it dont hurt to try i guess.

thanks for the support guys, i love him very much :-(

It seems like it is old age after all. :unsure: Can you post a picture? It might help you if you could find a replacement, similar in image. how ever we all know that that wont be the same, but it may help :/

Opal just passed away :-(

i have decided i am going to leave his section empty for a while, treat the tank with some more meds, and keep an eye on spyro; i will re-design opals side of the tank; and now the snail babies are big enough i will give his side a good gravel vac.
then if all seems fine i shall move spenny down from the bedroom tank.

:sad: im so sad to have lost Opal - he was such a beautiful fish.

P6010096.jpg

P6010076.jpg

P6010071.jpg

P6010070.jpg

P6010079.jpg

hopefully he is flaring and fanning his way across fishy heaven right now :wub:

So sorry Laura.....he was such a beautiful boy :rip: Opal

Hope your ok....big hugs xxx

thanks for all the nice thoughts guys, Opals tank looks really empty :( spyro still seems fine, he does have a single white dot on him though, so im going to run him through an ICK treatment; just encase.

thanks for all of the help since i joined - Opal had a very enriched and enjoyable life after all of the great info and support you guys gave me :) :good:

Really sorry to hear that :(. I know how that goes. At least there were no complications or incidents involved.

So glad he had a great life. He was a beautiful betta. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back