Oooooooohh, I Want One!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I remember the Spectrum when they came out, I really wanted one, my cousin got one and I was green with envy :lol:

In those days I had a Commodore 464......with a green screen monitor that was the size of a microwave, no cd or hard drive, had to play tapes for downloading game to computer ...10 mins to load IF all went smoothly :x

I guess todays generation will be going..... a "green" monitor the size of a microwave :eek: and what is a "tape"?.............

I've still got mine. The 16 and 48k versions were made in Timex in Dundee. My mum worked there so I got mine cheap. Later on upgraded to 128k version with built in tape. Still took 10 mins to load though.

Munroco said:
I've still got mine. The 16 and 48k versions were made in Timex in Dundee. My mum worked there so I got mine cheap. Later on upgraded to 128k version with built in tape. Still took 10 mins to load though.

Oh blimey, that Timex factory, next to Camperdown Park.

I remember it as I used to work in Dundee at NCR many moons ago
laugh.png

Haha my first computer was a ZX spectrum.  Still got fond memories of that tape loading noise... the days before floppy discs :)

I don't think I would want to play those games again though, I find old games are better left in the realms of nostalgia!

Charlie, I worked at NCR in Dundee too, albeit for only about 9 months. First in Gourdie but eventually I got round them all. I was a mailboy there when I was 15

daizeUK said:
Haha my first computer was a ZX spectrum.  Still got fond memories of that tape loading noise... the days before floppy discs
smile.png

I don't think I would want to play those games again though, I find old games are better left in the realms of nostalgia!

There are various websites that have got classic speccy games available to play.

I'd like to get one of these to show the kids how much gaming technology has progressed in the last 30 years. Comparing Jet Set Willy to the graphics on our XBox One - wow.

the_lock_man said:

I'd like to get one of these to show the kids how much gaming technology has progressed in the last 30 years. Comparing Jet Set Willy to the graphics on our XBox One - wow.

Playability was the key then. MY favourite speccy games were Lords of midnight and Doomdarks revenge. God know how may hours/days/weeks I spent playing these.

the_lock_man said:

My kids mainly play Minecraft so, not much has changed really ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back