Only A Fish Keeper Would......

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pick a girlfriend on the basis that she'd let you get 100 tanks in a future house.....

Power goes out and your more worried about the fish suffering lack of filteration/ heating over the fact that your freezer is quietly defrosting a fortnights worth of food. :blush:

Yup, been there done that!!

• ...spend a day driving to different aquatics stores, just to browse.
  • ...impulse buy bogwood because it's the perfect shape!
  • ...find it VERY difficult to bite your tongue when a friend or colleague tells you they turn their filter off at night/have three goldies in a 20l/never cycled/haven't done a water change for three months, even when you know there's no point in preaching.

All over number 3, Whenever I see a huge house on those TV programs or an ad in the newspaper, first and foremost... What size and where can I put my fishtank?? :lol:

James.

Turn kid's room into a fishroom, eventually forcing him to sleep on the couch.

...find it VERY difficult to bite your tongue when a friend or colleague tells you they turn their filter off at night/have three goldies in a 20l/never cycled/haven't done a water change for three months, even when you know there's no point in preaching.

I'm all over this one :blink:
My cousin has 2 big goldfish in this tiny plastic tank he has, he insists on only turning on the filter when it's "dirty" - no idea how they live...

and...

when having the, if i won the lottery talk at work, people mention cars, houses, holidays etc, i agree and then imagine a lottery winning massive fish tank, or tanks in my lottery winning house....they all just shake their heads :rolleyes:

riffraff

I had a dream I won the Lottery last night! Guess what I bought?;D

A house with a fish room big enough for 1000L tanks :hyper:
In fact no. So many tanks you have to hire people to clean them :blink:

• ...spend a day driving to different aquatics stores, just to browse.
  • ...impulse buy bogwood because it's the perfect shape!
  • ...find it VERY difficult to bite your tongue when a friend or colleague tells you they turn their filter off at night/have three goldies in a 20l/never cycled/haven't done a water change for three months, even when you know there's no point in preaching.
1)I check every aquatics shop / market for decorations and fish species or fish food. Still looking for live food...
3)I get that feeling every time my mom tells me how she had kept swordtails, guppies and platys with angelfish and how she left them for several months without a water change and without a filter, and came home to a dirty tank with fish still alive. I also hate it when she asks: "Why do you even run that filter if you still got to do water changes? You're wasting electricity and water." but she never asks dad why he leaves the TV on in my room, even though no one (not even him) is watching it. -.- Although it's dad who pays all the bills anyway, so I don't get why she's complaining.

It was like some 50ft tank! I had to have scuba divers to clean it-_-
No, clean it yourself! You get free diving experience and you get to swim with the fishes! X)) Who wouldn't want to go scuba-diving at home?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back