Ongoing cleanup of Fish Index (and other Index forums)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Donya

Crazy Crab Lady
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
The mods have noticed that a lot of new posts asking questions are being posted in the fish index and similar index forums. The index forums exist as a resource for species profiles only, and that needs to be strictly enforced in order to make the index forums useful. Most of the index forums and subforums have become cluttered over time and we are now clearing them out to restore the rule of profile-only posts.

If need to ask a question about a species or need help with getting it IDed, do NOT post in the index. If you are not sure where to post it, you can always use Tropical Dicussion.

If you see NEW threads in the index that aren't species profiles, please report them to mod so we can move them to a more suitable part of the forum. Please do not report old posts that have been there for a while - we are in the process of doing the cleanup work right now, so depending on when you see this thread, there may be some up to as recently as July 1st, 2019 that will soon be moved to more suitable parts of the forum.

I will be sure to do that @Donya, and if I see any posts where there not supposed to be, I will report them. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back