What's new

One Scarlet Badis can't eat

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

otterblue

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a group of scarlet badis in a 40 gallon. It started out as 3 male & 2 female. They've bred and the fry that didn't get eaten has resulted in a 4 male & 5 female group. Everything was fine for about a year, but recently one of the male scarlet badis can't eat. He strikes at black worms but always comes up short. The other badis are all fine, so I don't think it's tank related. I removed him to a smaller tank once, but it didn't help. He just can't get the food & they won't eat dry food. Do you have any ideas or advice?

He may have eye site issues with perception. Have you tried putting the error right in front of him with tweezers? Like hold it there for him so its easier...

I agree it might be eye related. I've put the food right in front of him, but he is always short on his strike. Thanks for the advice.

I agree it might be eye related. I've put the food right in front of him, but he is always short on his strike. Thanks for the advice.
I'm so sorry, for some reason I did not see this on my notification board 😬

No problem man. I really hope that you can find a way to feed him easily and effectively. It may be that you have to use tweezers and food that can be used well in tweezers for each of its feedings...

I think he is possible having blurred vision or depth perception issues

Most reactions

trending

Back