One peacock gudgeon died...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So it all started near noon that the fish started showing symptoms of swim bladders disease... I kept checking through out the day and then about 7 hours after the first symptoms it was mysteriously dead... It showed no signs of trauma and the color is still bright... I took a few pictures... Im so sad and I feel like a complete failure... My first fish, a betta died when I didnt know how to care for it and it lived a month... This fish I put into a cycled tank with proper everything and it dies... I must've over fed... Its all my fault 😠😞😢
0128221849a.jpg
0128221849.jpg

What do you mean by swim bladder symptoms?

Weren't these the gudgeons that just came in an you were going to buy them straight out of the esky (cooler), but the shop had already put them in their tank?

Have you checked the water quality for ammonia and nitrite?

That's the drawback with nano fish of all types. They die easy. Like I always say,you could buy a Pacu and put it in a polluted cramped aquarium and it will live to be 50. Nano fish die of exotic things and things unknown. But rare to buy them in a school and a year later still have them all. Almost unheard of.

What do you mean by swim bladder symptoms?

Weren't these the gudgeons that just came in an you were going to buy them straight out of the esky (cooler), but the shop had already put them in their tank?

Have you checked the water quality for ammonia and nitrite?
Well, the wholesaler for our pet store only had one in stock and the pet store actually had 3 in stock the day we came in anyways and had been there for a week or two so I took them to make it easier on the shop... The one that was in the "esky" wouldve had to been dug out of the other bags of fish...

Ammonia and nitrites are 0.

And the "swim bladder symptoms", well, she was floating on her side and having a hard time staying right side up...

That's the drawback with nano fish of all types. They die easy. Like I always say,you could buy a Pacu and put it in a polluted cramped aquarium and it will live to be 50. Nano fish die of exotic things and things unknown. But rare to buy them in a school and a year later still have them all. Almost unheard of.
True

Hey, @Rocky998, don’t beat yourself up! It’s alright. I’m so sorry it happened, but this was most likely stress related, or something To do with the shipping and new home. When I got my honey gourami, they all died. The next batch, from a new shipment, were perfectly fine. And now I have 3 healthy honey gourami. I beat myself up, but it was just the fish! It surely isn’t your fault!🙂

Hey, @Rocky998, don’t beat yourself up! It’s alright. I’m so sorry it happened, but this was most likely stress related, or something To do with the shipping and new home. When I got my honey gourami, they all died. The next batch, from a new shipment, were perfectly fine. And now I have 3 healthy honey gourami. I beat myself up, but it was just the fish! It surely isn’t your fault!🙂
Thanks... I still think a bit of it was my fault... Sorry about your honey gourami.

Thanks... I still think a bit of it was my fault... Sorry about your honey gourami.
Yes, it is sad. But it happens. It’s just part of it. It’s unavoidable. Don’t beat yourself up! You’re doing everything you can, you spent months cycling your tank, months planning and learning. You’re doing great!

Yes, it is sad. But it happens. It’s just part of it. It’s unavoidable. Don’t beat yourself up! You’re doing everything you can, you spent months cycling your tank, months planning and learning. You’re doing great!
Thank you for the support

It happens...I'm sorry to hear of the loss...it's not your fault, you gave the fish the best chance it had

In fishkeeping, we have to accept the fact that some individuals are weaker than others, and may not make it, regardless of our best efforts to provide them with what they need

Those of us who have been in the hobby for a while, even the so-called "experts", suffer from losses...it's unavoidable

Continue the care of the remaining fish, and add to their numbers when you can

And the "swim bladder symptoms", well, she was floating on her side and having a hard time staying right side up...
That can be a water quality problem or an internal problem.

If a fish stops eating and rolls over, it usually means the fish is dying.

It happens...I'm sorry to hear of the loss...it's not your fault, you gave the fish the best chance it had

In fishkeeping, we have to accept the fact that some individuals are weaker than others, and may not make it, regardless of our best efforts to provide them with what they need

Those of us who have been in the hobby for a while, even the so-called "experts", suffer from losses...it's unavoidable

Continue the care of the remaining fish, and add to their numbers when you can
Thank you so much

Most reactions

trending

Back