one of my neons died!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

how big is the red tailed shark?

more that likely him than a zebra danio. zebras are fin nippers but not killers. growing up my mom had a red tail that always ate her neons. my money would be on it.

kevin007 said:
one of my 4 neons tetra died , dead bitten off and was floting! :-( who could it be? the red tailed black shark or the zebra danio?:sad: pics on http://www.notcatfish.com/findex/fish/brac...danio_rerio.htm
:( From my own personal experiences, I'm guessing it was the shark.
I saw my dad's shark eat up a couple of tetras with my own eyes... I think one of them was weak, but whatever! The guy at the fish shop tried to talk me into getting one, but no way! I don't want to end up with dead fish and just a shark.
My dad's woman was so upset she flushed him :-(

They like having an aquarium, but they're not big enthusiasts.

If the neon died of natural causes over night then the other neons will have eaten it,they may be small but believe it or not they are related to piranha and will eat small fry and dead fish.

red tailed black sharks are pretty terratorial.. i had one and it did bully some of the other fish but i wouldnt have thaught he would go for somehting as small as a neon perhaps as a snack well its a mystery perhaps it was the other neons. its harsh but thats natures way. :no:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back