One Of My Many Spawn Attempts

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tank212

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have had bettas going on 2 and a half to 3 years and I have been trying to spawn them. I go about everything correctly and so far after about 6 attempts the current one being the 6th I thought this would be the succesful one. The eggs were in a nice big bubblenest and the male would constantly knock a couple out and put them back in. The eggs are almost 24 hours into it and have not change much. There were like 10-20 eggs dropped out of the nest that weren't bothered with which is weird cause he was doing so good earlier picking them up and putting them back in. The nest is about half the size it was yesterday and I can only make out maybe 25-30 eggs. My question is did the eggs fungus and is that why he's not picking them back up? If the water temp is good what would be the other reason for them to NOT hatch? I know it has not been 24 hours yet but I'm sort of losing hope because of the diminishing nest.

tank212, just because the nest is diminishing does not mean there is anything wrong. The father is probably just getting tired. My last two spawns, by the time the fry hatched, there was no bubblenest. I would just wait until tomorrow to see if the eggs have hatched by then. Patience is the key... :fun:

I would do that as well, if they dont hatch tomorrow, then you know something's wrong and you can try to fix it next time.. fish do get tired you know :p

Good luck

Haha I just peeked in I SEE FRY!! :hyper: My first ever betta fry. I only see two he was trying to put them back in the nest so maybe more will come later.

watch him close, if hes already givin up on the nest i would make sure he dont start eating them, make sure you know for sure hes not holding them in his mouth before you do anything. its easy from here all you have to do is get the food ready for the fry in 2 ays and watch the male closely.

Well since this is my first spawn I'm taking dad out ASAP once they are free swimming. I am thinking about starting egg yolk this first couple days but I might just do bbs or mix it up.

Ok so the fry were hatched completely around 8-9pm last night. I have quite a few anywheres from 30-50 hard to count. I never realised how TINY they were. I got the bbs going and some egg yolk prepared and hopefully there are infusoria in the spawn tank cause I have 3 or 4 live plants. The male is doing a great job he has kept the nest up enough for all of them to fit, some even hang on the sides of the styro cup. Ill try to get some pics asap.

BTW the male is rose/gold hm pk so is the female.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back