one of my betta tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

grayRavenn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I took a 20L, divided it into 3 sections, it uses 3 small filters and one heater. these guys are 3 years old and still act like fools. this is my black orchid, Othello, he is almost 4
0122180616d.jpg
1114171907a (1).jpg

You have a really cool tank, and a cool betta too!

Cool bettas, and cool tank!

(You should enter your tank in the next TOTM contest!) :)

You have a really cool tank, and a cool betta too!
thank you. when I was in school one of the papers I wrote was on "animal enrichment" mostly for those animals in zoos, so my bettas get the enrichment program. I change this tank every two months...new plants, new little swim thru thingies...they do not seem to stress, but enjoy the exploration.

Your betta looks stressed in the first picture. I strongly recommend you don't change your tank too often

Changing a tanks scape to often, is not a good idea, but if you don’t change it, the bettas will get bored. :)

not sure what you mean by too often, they get vacuumed and water changed every two weeks. they are fat, happy been living in this tank together for almost 4 years. they are always in the front of the tank clamoring for attention (or food) not hiding as if they were stressed. if you look at my tank there is plenty of room for hiding if they wanted.

Changing a tanks scape to often, is not a good idea, but if you don’t change it, the bettas will get bored. :)
agreed, kind of a catch 22. trained most of my bettas to swim into my measuring cup when I clean/change the tank, so the stress is minimal as far as their environment becoming a tornado. I do care about my little guys, if I thought that they were stressed, I would not, but I think they enjoy the change. it does not put them off their food, they instantly check out their new digs, not hide. most of my guys are between 2-3, most of them going on 4.

That’s a good idea! I should train my bettas to do that..... :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back