One month on!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
thatā€™s me officially broken down my scape and starting something new. Was getting far too overgrown and becoming more n move heavily stocked as my cories bred. The cories and rasbora have now been moved to my big 50gal tank and are much happier. (The rasbora just used to stay in the same place and just looked miserable - now thereā€™s swimming all over which is great)
So now itā€™s to time to come up with an idea for the tank! Iā€™m happy with this new hardscape layout.
This tank is about 60L when full, but Iā€™m tempted to leave it half full like this and add a lot of emmersed growth at the top. (Especially worried about the weight of it when full on my sideboard)

because of this Iā€™m definitely thinking a small shoal of nano type fish/species only tank. Maybe even leave it as a cold water tank šŸ¤”

Whatā€™s your favourite super small fish you think would look nice in this tank!
Also Iā€™m aware itā€™s not the cleanest as Iā€™ve been rescaping today!

I personally love the look of Platies, especially different colors all together. Warning, they are live bearing fish and if you get males you will likely have many batches of fry a month.

thatā€™s me officially broken down my scape and starting something new. Was getting far too overgrown and becoming more n move heavily stocked as my cories bred. The cories and rasbora have now been moved to my big 50gal tank and are much happier. (The rasbora just used to stay in the same place and just looked miserable - now thereā€™s swimming all over which is great)
So now itā€™s to time to come up with an idea for the tank! Iā€™m happy with this new hardscape layout.
This tank is about 60L when full, but Iā€™m tempted to leave it half full like this and add a lot of emmersed growth at the top. (Especially worried about the weight of it when full on my sideboard)

because of this Iā€™m definitely thinking a small shoal of nano type fish/species only tank. Maybe even leave it as a cold water tank šŸ¤”

Whatā€™s your favourite super small fish you think would look nice in this tank!
Love this tank! Species only would be spectacular. How about kubotai rasbora?

Love this tank! Species only would be spectacular. How about kubotai rasbora?
Thanks so much! Oh wow I havenā€™t seen that type rasbora before they look amazing! I donā€™t think my lfs will have them but I can go check and see if they can get them in!

I personally love the look of Platies, especially different colors all together. Warning, they are live bearing fish and if you get males you will likely have many batches of fry a month.
Yeah that was one thing I was worried about - the tank is small enough and if I keep it half full like it currently is it would get overstocked pretty quickly. Livebearers would be an issue for that if i got some males too. And I wouldnā€™t want to be constantly trying to sell the Juvis, or use them as food! Perhaps a female only tank would look cool, with a whole bunch of different colours

Thanks so much! Oh wow I havenā€™t seen that type rasbora before they look amazing! I donā€™t think my lfs will have them but I can go check and see if they can get them in!
If you do ask them, make sure you give them the scientific name Microdevario kubotai or they may not know what you mean or even get in the wrong fish. I've been in shops which called them green tetras :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back