One month on!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cromid

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
One month on!
Tank fully stocked now - don't think there's room for anything else anyway - but correct me if I'm wrong! A few more shrimp or a snail possibly?

Stocked with 5 amano shrimp, 6 peppered cories. 9 harlequin rasbora and a single female koi Betta, who is the most chilled one in the tank haha! Not phased or bothered by any of her tankmates and always comes up to the glass when I come into the room or near the tank. Swims near by me when I'm changing water or trimming plants too. Rasboras shoaling nicely too and since adding the background to the tank they're colours just pop!

Parameters have been sitting fine at 0, 0 and nitrates of about 3/4. Continuing to do 50% weekly water changes. Dosing with flourish half dosage Evey few days. No problem hair algea anymore since updating the lighting system and dialing back on the fert. plants doing really nicely!
Had abit of my floating sag wither but that was due to being battered about by the filter. Solved that problem now n it seems to be recovering nicely.

Original
IMG_20200217_142112.jpg

One month on
IMG_20200318_143316.jpg

I would add 2-3 nerite snails, don’t do mystery because they are known for eating plants, same thing with apple snails. You could add at least 5 more shrimp also, you will have to feed them some veggie wafers.

Very nice improvement, plants and tank look great ;) I am uneasy about the koi betta. Betta are not good community fish. Both males and females can be very aggressive. I would encourage you not to take the chance and remove the betta, wish you the best of luck.

Hello! Why do you not have your TOTM contest winner banner yet? You won this month...:huh:

Very nice improvement, plants and tank look great ;) I am uneasy about the koi betta. Betta are not good community fish. Both males and females can be very aggressive. I would encourage you not to take the chance and remove the betta, wish you the best of luck.
I think betta can be a really good community fish, it just depends on the personality of the fish.

I got suckered into buying a betta (My first for many year) so my grandson could feed it. He's in a 60 litre tank with a nerite atm. A lot of wasted space IMO so I'm going to try him with a load of ember tetras as soon as the plants grow a bit bushier.

Sorry for the late reply to this thread, with everything going on just now I haven't been on social media or online much.

Another month on and the tank is still filling out nicely. Alittle issue of bga starting to flair up on only the floating plants, so I'm going to limit the amount of fert I use to see if that combats this.
The javafern is constantly sprouting new leaves and my hairgrass is starting to get towards carpeting the substrate

The Betta has been fine so far with every inhabitant and vice versa. If she does become an issue I have a small quarantine tank I can put her in.
I ended up getting two nerite snails, unfortunately one of which was dead on close inspection.
Was going to go get another or some more shrimp but due to lockdown il not be doing that for awhile.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back