One Guppy With Dropsy And One Guppy Listless

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Michelleuk

Fishaholic
Reaction score
1. Water parameters. (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, PH, temp', Hardness etc) not tested
2. A full description of the fishes symptoms. - one guppy has dropsey and one is fine but listless - laying on the bottom alot
3. How often you do water changes and how much. weekly 40%
4. Any chemicals and treatments you add to the water. - stress coat, I added melafix yesterday.
5. What tank mates are in the tank. community tank - guppies,13 2 goumanis and tetras. loads of pest snails
6. Tank size. 190liters
7. Finally Have you recently added any new fish? the guppies were new a few weeks ago.

It sounds like the guppies have a bacterial infection which has manifested into dropsy (possibly), I would suggest daily water changes, melafix is ok for helping wounds heal and a bit of a pick me up, for something stronger and also general try esha 2000. This is all I can suggest really with not knowing the cause, with it being the new fish it could be something from the shop, or something in your tank, difficult to say.

i have no.9 anti internal bacteria ~(interpet) - is it wroth tryinng this? these serires dont tend to work. when ever i used them they seem to kill of the ill fish?

I've tried interpet no. 9 but it depends how far along the dropsy is, I think it's better for keeping the other fish healthy than healing the sick fish. My guppies tend to be less hardy than my platy and tetras, so it's a long shot.

I have never used that med so I cant comment really. Lots of water changes will certainly help the other fish, dropsy is pretty difficult to cure as its an end product of an infection normally.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back