One glofish tetra opening and closing mouth

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Panadalover93

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi im new to fish keeping. I have a glofish tetra who constantly opens and closes his mouth. Im not sure if its just a recent thing or it was like that when i got him around 3 weeks ago. Im freshly new and trying to be as informed as possible hes is the only one doing this. Also ever since i got his i noticed his eyes arnt like the rest. Theyre sorta foggy kinda like hew blind or something .

Attachments

• 37125C9E-92A3-4530-9D1C-5F19F107179E.jpeg
    37125C9E-92A3-4530-9D1C-5F19F107179E.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 126
Without water parameters I can only guess there is ammonia in the water.

Did you cycle the tank before adding the fish? Cloudy eyes are a sign of poor water quality. The breathing also could mean ammonia poisoning.

Please post tank parameters so that you can get the correct advice. In the meantime, try doing a water change.

Without water parameters I can only guess there is ammonia in the water.

Did you cycle the tank before adding the fish? Cloudy eyes are a sign of poor water quality. The breathing also could mean ammonia poisoning.

Please post tank parameters so that you can get the correct advice. In the meantime, try doing a water change.
Yes i have done several water changes . Im not sure my parameters im waiting for test kit to arrive which is why i do biweekly changes. Also i am dosing stability to help with cycling. The thing im confused about is he is the only fish doing this also his eyes were that way when i got him

Water changes are not a panacea if the tank has not been properly cycled over at least four weeks before adding fish, in fact water changes may inhibit the development of a stable biological filter system.

can you post a video of the fish on youtube, then copy & paste the link here for us to see the fish breathing?

can you post a video of the fish on youtube, then copy & paste the link here for us to see the fish breathing?

Yes! Here is the link

Water changes are not a panacea if the tank has not been properly cycled over at least four weeks before adding fish, in fact water changes may inhibit the development of a stable biological filter system.
I meant i frequently change water to avoid ammonia spikes as im not able to test my parameters. I live in the middle east so we dont get certain products and have to order them online So im waiting on a test kit to arrive. So my solution to avoiding disaster is frequently doing water changes. As for disease i did quarantine them and dosed paragaurd

Hopefully, you ordered a liquid test kit, the paper strip type can be unreliable and inaccurate

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back