One eyed Peppered Cory

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

chillipop

Reaction score
Hi, I have a one eyed Peppered Cory (named Rooster) bought 2 weeks ago as one of 6. Saw it had one eye after a few days. He/she seems perfectly well, bigger if anything, behaves as the rest do. I'm not worried really but as I am new to this I thought I'd post a few pics to see what people think and make sure all is in fact well ? In one of the pics you can almost see a small eye, sort of beneath the skin. I don't know if it is an old injury or genetic and no idea how long the Corys were in the shop before I bought them. Anyway, any reassurance or indeed otherwise would be welcome. Its the left that's gone, one pic does'nt show it, it's just to give a general idea of health.

Attachments

• cat 1.jpg
    cat 1.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 35
  • cat 2.jpg
    cat 2.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 39
  • cat 3.jpg
    cat 3.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 36
  • cat 4.jpg
    cat 4.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 36
it probably lost the eye a while ago and should be fine without it. Sometimes fish with one eye will stick to the side of the tank, but Corydoras are nocturnal and doubt it will make much difference to the fish.

Yeah. I have a cardinal tetra that came without an eye, and it's been doing fine. Just because its lost an eye isn't the end of the world.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back