One Dollar Sale At Petsmart

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

platyman123

Reaction score
Petsmarts nationwide are having a one dollar fish sale, on select tetras,such as jumbo neon tetras, red-blue tetras, glow light tetra, lamp eye tetra, long fin red minor tetra, red minor tetra, cardinal tetras, Otto catfish, an BETTAS; female only:) more details at petsmart.com

Thanks. Just be careful there. Many of their fish are sick or carrying some sort of parasite. Visit often and keep an eye on the fish you want--son't buy unless it's been there for at least a week with no signs of illness.

Thanks. Just be careful there. Many of their fish are sick or carrying some sort of parasite. Visit often and keep an eye on the fish you want--son't buy unless it's been there for at least a week with no signs of illness.
Are you sure about that? Walmart usually has that issue, not petsmart, but i could be wrong:)

Some stores are very good with excellent staff members that give the fish excellent care, while others...... Not so much. The one near me has ok staff but they take pretty good care of the fish. Next time I go there I'm going to test their water once I'm home with new fish.

Some stores are very good with excellent staff members that give the fish excellent care, while others...... Not so much. The one near me has ok staff but they take pretty good care of the fish. Next time I go there I'm going to test their water once I'm home with new fish.
one quick question, I want to get a betta female, for 1 dollar, i have fancy guppies(adult) and neon tetras, and a platy, i heard mixed stories about guppies and female bettas whats your opinion?

Personally, I think you should be careful wherever you purchase your fish, but some stores are better than others. And it also depends on when you go. Sometimes they get bad shipments. I purchased otos there for a dollar ea and they actually surprised me as to how hardy they are. BUT, shortly afterward and still to this day, I've been fighting a VERY resistant form of Ich. I don't know if it hitched a ride on the otos or not, but they were the last fish I purchased.

My daughter got a betta from Walmart for her birthday and it turned out to be a very beautiful and healthy fish, go figure. Shortly thereafter, she bought one from Petsmart and it died of ich.

I'm not saying you are doomed to get bad fish at Petsmart, all I'm saying is to be careful and visit the store a few times during the week before purchasing, just to be sure they aren't sick or in a tank with sick fish. That's all.

The only place I would NEVER buy a fish is Petco--EVERY time I to there, almost every tank has either a dead fish or many tanks with quarantine signs. At least the one by me doesn't seem to take care of their fish at all.

I think for most places it's hit or miss. I just bought the last two Cardinal Tetras they had at the store by my work. Unfortunately, one died soon after I put them in the tank. He seemed kinda lethargic before I put him in so, I think it was either the 25 minute drive home or maybe it was just the heat that got to him. Luckily with Petsmart, if any of your fish die, they will refund them within the first 14 days of purchase. I plan to get 10 more on Thursday if they get that many in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back