On The Menu Today.....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Crazy fishes

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just a quick question to the forum....... well two. My urchin and plate coral have shown a side to them that is well different in their usual dietary requirements. My urchin (Diadema Setosum) has eaten my little anemone recently and this morning I found my plate coral was sucking up the remaining end of my biggest bristleworm.. Has anyone else experienced this?? I know that plate corals like some meat foods but I never thought it would eat my previously live and well bristleworm.

Regards

Wierd... I've seen a Cynarina devour a small dead clownfish, so I suppose a plate eating a bristleworm isn't out of the question. The urchin is bizzare... Sure the nem isn't just hiding in the rock?

I removed the anemone from the tank...... after removing the urchin from the anemone and it was half eaten with its 'inards' spilling into the water. I thought in the spirit of protecting the other tank inhabitants that this was the best path to follow. How strange!! I guess we can say Diadema are carnivorous afterall

Regards

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back