Omg Pygmy Cory Fry

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

emma12321

fish nerd
Reaction score
On the 8th Of June at the midland charity auction i got 20 pygmy corys these were put in a 24x12x15" tank with a pair of LDA72 Ancistrus triradiatus, 3 endlers a few cherry shrimp and about 1000 trumpet snails and pretty much left to it.

The tank is well planted with play sand on the base and i just spotted what i thought was an insect larvae on the glass but on closer inspection its a cory fry. So far i have counted 6 but i really don't have anywhere to set up a seperate tank so they will have to take their chances. God knows how many will have been sucked into the filter as its a fluval 2+ so not ideal for fry so small.

At the minute the fry are about 4mm long with vertical black stripes, i imagine they probably spawned when i did a 50% water change week before last. My camera i think is beyond repair but next time i'm in town i'll see if its repairable :)

Emma :)

Trully hope you get some of them reared... always exciting to breed corys of any description.

Nice, emma12321.

As for your filter problem, you could put a large sponge onto the intake pipe of the filter. That'll keep them from getting sucked in.

Good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back