Omg! My Sparkling Gouramis Have Spawned I Have Fry !

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i didn't even see any eggs... in a space of a week they had spawned and they had hatched :rolleyes: i do a weekly w/c,and normally remove the silk plants near the top so i can clean the glass,so i would've notice anything there...

They spawned about quarter away down the tank from the top.

Sadly the fry has far has i can tell haven't made it,they are so tiny and even first bites haven't kept them going,there may be some hiding in the fry tank,i suppose when they grow a bit more i may spot them.

So heres to them hopefully spawning again and hoping i can get it right with their feeding :nod:

The corys are keeping me very busy :lol:

WOWee! congratulations i have been trying to breed these little guys (along with my honey gouramis) for ages but they just seem to be extremely picky on what to create there nest in or around. I only got my honeys to breed once in a very dense plant (that unfortunately has been moved since) but before i could do anything they got eaten :'(
Its like they want only dense plant or nothing.
Out of interest what type of plant has your sparkling g's made a nest in? it looks like it could be good for mine.
I noticed the sucker so it must be fake what is it? Is it a silk plant?

Thanks you are really helping me out :)

x x x

Hiya :)

Sorry i didn't see this one :rolleyes:

Yes my sucker ones are silk plants,the type you buy for turtle tanks,i originally bought them to shade the top of the tank from the lights,i now have 5 of them and all the fish love them.

This is where the sparklers had their fry :)

I think they are made by hagen and called exo-terra fiscus silk jungle plants

thankyou! thats really helped me out.

hopefully i will get some soon. do you have any other floating plants?
if so are they fake and what are they?

oh and what size is your tank?

thanks again, so much :) x x x

I didn't even think they would spawn :hyper:

Here's the video i took,about halfway through you'll see the parent pick up an escapee fry and put it back up with the others :good:

Excellent!! :good: :good:

It`s funny how the parent seems to be counting the fry, then realises one is missing :lol:

There's a lot of clicking going on in the tank lately,so i'm hoping they will spawn again...

I know this is a very old post buuut. I have a medium to heavily planted 10 gallon tank running 3 filters. The original hang on back, a small sponge filter with fine grain sponge. And a home made original filter made just assorted bio filter media shoved into a plastic tube. so stone bioballs, those wierd looking biostar things as well. This tube is shoved into filter media at the bottom of the tank and an airstone is at the bottom to provide oxygen and water flow for BB. This way i can clean either of the two filters without disturbing the cycle. I try to keep all my tanks at 7.5 ph using RO water and limewater. I tend to be lazy about doing water changes due to the water chemistry needing to be done as well as heating the water prior to adding the tank so I have like 80+ppm nitrates. I keep the tanks at 76.6 degrees.

The 10 gallon tank has Hornwort, water sprite, java moss, Anubias, guppy grass, duckweed, dwarf water lettuce, water spangle, red root floaters. Have had a problem with hair algea and BB algae. Water sprite isn't growing well. The floating plants go nuts.

I've been trying to breed guppies and endlers. keeping the males and fry in the 10 gallon. the newly hatched fry go into a 1.5 gallon.

I have 2 sparkling gourami, 2 neon tetras, a bunch of male guppies, two otto catfish, a super red albino pleco that stays about 4 inches, two Amano shrimp and a loach or goby of some type.

My sparkling gourami started croaking when i was doing tank maintenance, removing hair algae but i didn't think much of it. But a couple days ago i found a bunch of black things attached to the underside of some floating water spangle. must be 30 of them it seems like. i isolated the plant where it was using some pantyhose and a plastic party cup, and some packing peanuts so it will float. I'm currently squirting some chlorella algae that I am growing in there twice a day. I'm trying to culture some infosoria using tankwater and yeast.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back