Omg, My Pico Had A Baby Too!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lljdma06

Retired moderator :)
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Now, I don't know how a pico with black sand had a baby with white sand, could be that the pico takes after another parent. Who knows?

Tank specs... I'll figure this out later... EDIT: Have tanks specs...

Dimensions: 1" tall, about .5" diameter
Volume: ~4ml
Substrate: Carib Sea White sand
Hardscape: Crushed rock
Flora: Myriophylum pinnatum (grown via tissue culture) & C. wendtii split from tissue culture
CO2: You think I should go pressurized?
Lighting: Natural daylight. Eastern window.
Ferts: This is just getting ridiculous... Oscar waste will be sufficient. :lol:

LOLOLOL Looky, looky!!!

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

Pico Power!!!!

Hmm, sneaky tactics you used there llj, filling up 1/3 of the pot with sand :shifty:

Never the less, it looks great :good:

Carl

Hmm, sneaky tactics you used there llj, filling up 1/3 of the pot with sand :shifty:

Never the less, it looks great :good:

Carl

HEY! Deep sand beds are good for developing roots. I've got a crypt in there! :lol: Not kidding there's a crypt in there. Will take evening pix later...

So natural light then..?

For photo shoots at night will use LED reading light. For normal light, I've a nice Eastern Window that's plenty for both systems. The tissue cultures did extremely well in that location, so it stands to reason that the little systems will do well there too.

Sorry, for not answering the question earlier. Just finished an early Christmas Eve dinner. Yum...

Oh how interesting, I was thinking perhaps you used a desk lamp of sorts.
How long do you think you will keep these 2 without going smaller?

Well, the tissue cultures were at that window since the 14th of Nov. So they were there for like a month. I don't know, really have never tried anything this small. I imagine, that the pinnatum and crypt used will most surely outgrow the system, unless they are somehow dwarfed by the process of the tissue culture. It's interesting, because the pinnatum looks like a very small stemplant. I've seen some growth in the 15ml system already.

Jajaja, you always said that the fish are the most important in a scape... So what is the plan for these ones?

Let me see if I can scrounge up some daphnia. It's not too cold in Miami... :lol: I have to be careful with the hairdryer though when I do photo-shoots...

Cooool, Those Cultures are great:good::good:

bah humbug lol

looks really good tho

bah humbug lol

looks really good tho

Yours looks better than mine. I struggle taking a good photo of it. I think it's the white sand. Some more pictures...

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

And a YouTube...

Picos are cool!!!

Llj you se :lol: em to be bending me towards plants!!!

Most reactions

trending

Back