OMG my Aunubias Flowered (pics)!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

thrujenseyes

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I've never had this happen before!
Is there anything special I need to do?
Will it survive if it can't breach the surface?
My tank is the fluval edge, so there is no "surface" other than the small opening in the center.
It's so adorable :)

Attachments

• IMG_4042.jpg
    IMG_4042.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4039.jpg
    IMG_4039.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 102
Congratulations! What a beautiful tank and a beautiful flower! I had one that used to flower too, it was a different variety though. It used to send a runner right to the surface then explode into a flower

You’ll just have to trim it off after it runs it’s course. At least that’s what I do with mine, which is flowering right now too!
Sounds good! I've had Anubias for 7 years and never had this happen! I'm so excited!

Is the blossoming rare? Will mine bloom someday too? I have several
I have no idea!?! It's rare for me! ha
Just ignore it. It won't be pollinated and you won't get seeds off it.
Well I certainly can't ignore it...I'm taking pics like crazy because I have no idea if it will ever happen again!
Fascinating. I will have to google this tomorrow. I want a pretty tank flower too!
I need to do this also as I was so shocked and happy
Many members here don't recommend using flourish excel as it can detrimental to fish health in the opinion of many people.
I only use Flourish Comprehensive once a week, the day after water change. (when I remember to do so) ha
Congratulations! What a beautiful tank and a beautiful flower! I had one that used to flower too, it was a different variety though. It used to send a runner right to the surface then explode into a flower
Well thank you!!!!!!! I'm beyond thrilled. I noticed the runner a few days ago and the little "pod" looked too thick to be a leaf and I was like "is something happening here?!?!? Am I going to get a flower"?!? And the next morning BAM! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

I've never had this happen before!
Is there anything special I need to do?
Will it survive if it can't breach the surface?
My tank is the fluval edge, so there is no "surface" other than the small opening in the center.
It's so adorable :)
Well done! Looks great 🙂 mine flowered in my angelfish tank for the first time this week too

PXL_20211124_102649389.jpg

I don't use Excel or any liquid carbon. Not a substitute for Co2 (some manufacturers still try and market it as such, others are more honest and market it as an algaecide). I've used Flourish in the past.

I have the most success with TNClite. The lite version is phosphate and nitrate free. I have high levels of both in my tap water so that's best for me. They do a "complete" version with added phosphate and nitrate.

PXL_20211124_160954446.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back