OmG I found an egg what do i do now

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks. I can clamp it yo make it soft
20200527_194452.jpg
15906269196268715274855372672945.jpg

Clear eggs are fertile. Cloudy ones didn’t get fertilized. You can add a drop of methylene blue to keep the eggs from getting fungus on them. Exciting!

I got them out the best I could I'm not taking out any more. I don't know how to care for them. I think I got 10 so far.

You can add an alder cone too if you dont have m blue to prevent fungus :)

Why do they get fungus?
Just the way it is. Usually eggs need good flow, the spores are naturally in the water and if not enough flow or good conditions for it, they take advantage of a food source

Just the way it is. Usually eggs need good flow, the spores are naturally in the water and if not enough flow or good conditions for it, they take advantage of a food source
Should I turn up the bubble flow from my sponge filter?

Just keep it as it is. Fungus is normal with eggs. It happens

You can have some water movement but you don't want the eggs being blown around the tank.

If the eggs are fertile and in clean water, they shouldn't develop fungus.

------------
When the eggs hatch, the fry will swim about just under the surface. They need a powdered fry food for egg layers, infusoria, green water, or boiled egg yolk. Any of these foods will suffice for the first 2 weeks. After 1 week you can start adding newly hatched brineshrimp, but continue feeding the other fry food/s until you know all the babies are eating the brineshrimp. They will have orange bellies when eating the brineshrimp.

The following link has information about culturing fry foods including a section under emergency fry foods, that deals with boiled egg yolk.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back