Omg babies Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Harleygirl74

Reaction score
I have albino bristlenose babies like 30 of them not sure how to take care of them. I moved them all and put them in a 10 gallon in a breeder box need help with the care like what do they eat ect???. Was not expecting this whatsoever but I want them to be healthy.

Attachments

• BA6789B4-4C44-4AA7-9E29-006BEA2FCABF.jpeg
    BA6789B4-4C44-4AA7-9E29-006BEA2FCABF.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 41
  • AF26473C-3135-462E-846A-52532835DEC7.jpeg
    AF26473C-3135-462E-846A-52532835DEC7.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 36
Throw slices of vegetables like Cucumber, squash, and sweet potatoes in there. Algae and bottom feeder tabs. They will rasp their food off like the adults, I believe. Maybe a small piece of driftwood or some aquarium safe leaves, for microorganisms.

Throw slices of vegetables like Cucumber, squash, and sweet potatoes in there. Algae and bottom feeder tabs. They will rasp their food off like the adults, I believe. Maybe a small piece of driftwood or some aquarium safe leaves, for microorganisms.
I did break up algae pellets to put in, I put a partial plant that was originally in the tank that I took them from and that is safe for them. thank you for the advice I will keep updating on how they are doing.

Put the babies back in the tank so they can feed on the biofilm on the rocks, wood, ornaments, glass and plants. They need the biofilm to get the bacteria for their digestive tract.

Increase the lighting on the tank to encourage algae to grow on things. The babies will graze on that too.

Add some thin slices of fruit/ vegetables as mentioned by the others.

Don't lift the babies out of the water. They should not be handled or taken out of water until they are at least several months old.

They are for sure 😀
Put the babies back in the tank so they can feed on the biofilm on the rocks, wood, ornaments, glass and plants. They need the biofilm to get the bacteria for their digestive tract.

Increase the lighting on the tank to encourage algae to grow on things. The babies will graze on that too.

Don't lift the babies out of the water. They should not be handled or taken out of water until they are at least several months old.
That’s some great advice Colin.

If you continue to keep a male & a female BNP together, this will be a never-ending story...:unsure:

Considering bristlenose are not being imported that much since covid started, I would let the parents breed and supply the shops with locally bred fish.

The male won't breed all the time. He will breed with the female and spend the next month looking after the eggs and young. So you won't get flooded with babies.

Thank you for your advice, for my 10 g that I transfer them to has been running for a while now i added an ornament with the biofilm/algae from the original tank and a live plant. I could not leave them in there as they were getting eaten and was just dealing with ich on my clown loaches, as a week ago i added 4 glow fish and 2 died from ich i did separate them from the tank in a 3g but was too late. I used a turkey baster to transfer the babies into a breeder tank so was never taken out of water. I know I probably did a lot of things wrong but I tried as of now they are doing well as i can see and are swimming ect.

Considering bristlenose are not being imported that much since covid started, I would let the parents breed and supply the shops with locally bred fish.

The male won't breed all the time. He will breed with the female and spend the next month looking after the eggs and young. So you won't get flooded with babies.
I have 2 females and a male, I agree but im so new to this baby thing that to be honest I have no idea what im doing"yikes" Im reading as much as I can

Yeah might give up the male as I have 2 females :0
Wise decision....I've never kept a m/f pair, so have not experienced breeding, but I know others who have....once they start breeding, they never stop...and you could be inundated with too many fish to handle...not to mention the hefty bioload

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back