Omega One Betta buffet pellets or Hikari Betta Bio-gold?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

P&BtheBetta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi there! I accidentally spilled a lot of my Betta Bio-gold pellets and I want to go ahead and purchase some more. I've heard Omega One Betta buffet pellets are a good brand too, which do you think I should get? Also, is it okay to change diets like this? Hikari bio-gold is my main pellet choice right now. Additionally, should I get the flakes instead of the pellets or vice versa? Thanks in advance! :)

I like both brands, I don’t think you could go wrong with either one. I agree with Phoenix that it’s good to switch foods up a bit and offer a variety.

I personally tend to stay away from flakes for the most part because the stuff floating on the surface triggers me haha but I don’t think one form is necessarily better than the other. Bettas are labyrinth fish and naturally go to the surface so flakes will work in this situation just fine.

I would suggest to stay away from feeding your betta, flakes because it cause constipation and other health issues in betta

This is a bit inaccurate/misleading. Feeding a betta nothing but flakes that don't meet their dietary needs can lead to bloat, yes, but supplementing flakes into their diet is fine as long as you're also providing higher-protein foods, as well. There are flake offerings out there specifically for bettas and their protein needs which are perfectly fine for them. Some people just prefer pellets because it's easier to keep track of how much you're feeding and is less messy.

T
This is a bit inaccurate/misleading. Feeding a betta nothing but flakes that don't meet their dietary needs can lead to bloat, yes, but supplementing flakes into their diet is fine as long as you're also providing higher-protein foods, as well. There are flake offerings out there specifically for bettas and their protein needs which are perfectly fine for them. Some people just prefer pellets because it's easier to keep track of how much you're feeding and is less messy.
Thanks for the correction.

Most reactions

trending

Back