Olympus Om1n Slr Camera....

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

BigIan

Big and BAD!
Reaction score
One of the lads at work has randomly let me try out this camera.
is it any good? as the Mrs and i are going to give it a try and if we like it we may buy it off him

Aye just taken it out for a spin today taking random photosalong the canal side, it good fun but think i`d rather spend a bit more and get a digital SLR

The OM1 or Om1n are fully manual and mechanical cameras, they do have a very good light meter and Olympus own brand lenses, were among the best you could buy, then and now IMO. the Om1n also had through the lens light metering for flash, and is still up there with the best today. small and light, for a SLR of the time. they were very reliable. providing there is no corrosion in the battery compartment, it will last for many more years yet. if you are looking for a flash for the camera, you will need to get a T20 or T32. lol i fear the chances of finding a T45 are too small to make it worth looking. a point worth thinking of is, that Olympus were among the best makers of close up or macro gear, so if you are prepared to search, for very little cash, you can build a system, which is probably, in optical terms, better than anything you could buy new today.

Had my old man look at the camera he was into photography a few years ago and he recons the lens is a bit knackerd. the F stop section isd grating as it turns and there is a slight scratch.

I`m still considering forking out for something like a cannon 350D as i would much prefer the digital option

Had my old man look at the camera he was into photography a few years ago and he recons the lens is a bit knackerd. the F stop section isd grating as it turns and there is a slight scratch.

I`m still considering forking out for something like a cannon 350D as i would much prefer the digital option

lol yeh i see.
lol Olympus apature rings always did have a dodgy feel. but scratches are a no no!

Out of interest, how much was he asking?

Hes not he gave it to me to find out how much its worth as i have "that tinterwebby thing" and as the Mrs and i were after a decent camera we thought we`d see if it wouldbe worth our while keeping

If you want a Digital SLR, I can recommend the Olympus ones, actually! I have the E-500 and I love it. Only problem if finding lenses for it, but it's not that hard a problem to overcome.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back