Olympic Gold

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
all of the Olympics were amazing, i spent a lot of time watching it, i still like figure skating, and ice dancing. snow boarding was amazing, and sadly i even got into curling.
the hockey game was a great way to end the games in my opinion even though the USA lost to Canada i am glad the game was exciting.
good job to all the athletes.

I think it was a great Olympics. Lots of great competition and joy but unfortunately the sadness of an athlete that lost his life, one that lost her mother and another that awoke to learn an earthquake had rocked her country.

The hockey game was unreal. Naturally, I was pulling for the US but it was a great game and as Bob Costas said, the US wanted that gold but Canada needed it. Even though they were "only" playing for an Olympic gold medal, it had a Stanley Cup final tension to it. And if you're a hockey fan, when will you ever see that much super talent on the ice at the same time again, playing in a meaningful game (all-star game is at half speed). And this could well be the last time the NHL players compete in the Olympics.

Seeing athletes like Joannie Rochette do what she did after the sudden loss of her mother was a joy. I don't know how anyone can hold their composure through something like that. And seeing the Korean girl win the gold with an entire nation putting so much pressure on her to win was also great.

I hated to see the games end but they were good with very little controversy. Thankfully they split the Winter & Summer games a few years ago so that we only have 2 years between Winter and Summer Games now. So hopefully, we will get to watch another great competition in London in 2012. I know we have a lot of members that live in that area so hopefully, you will be able to see some of the competition.

Roll on 2012 London. see if we can get two golds there, lol.

I have my fingers crossed, if it ain't a success, I'll be paying for it for years.
still we got the cycling and diving covered. Err i hope.

Roll on 2012 London. see if we can get two golds there, lol.

I have my fingers crossed, if it ain't a success, I'll be paying for it for years.
still we got the cycling and diving covered. Err i hope.
could have a good chance in the triple jump with phillips adeou and heptathlon with jessica ennis, andy murrey could have half a chance in the tennis although i would favour federer as its the only thing he hasnt won

canada won! we own this sport!!!!
lol you have to be good at something
seeing as you wont be at the other major sports event this year !!!
anyway how does a canadian end up supporting liverpool must cost you a fortune getting to the games lol

i ended up supporting liverpool through friends showing me a game that happened to be LFC, i havent watched a game live ever though, ive only seen on TV, though in a few years i plan on going to england and watching a LFC and LUFC game.

all of the Olympics were amazing, i spent a lot of time watching it, i still like figure skating, and ice dancing. snow boarding was amazing, and sadly i even got into curling.
the hockey game was a great way to end the games in my opinion even though the USA lost to Canada i am glad the game was exciting.
good job to all the athletes.

is their a difference between ive dancing and figure skating?

Ice dancing is just one of the figure skating events. I'm confused on the difference between ice dancing and pairs though. To me, they look like the same thing but I guess the rules are slightly different.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back