OliveFish05’s double tank journal and builds (20 gallon tropical community and 40 gallon axolotl tank)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
OK, I have to admit that I had to look at this picture for several seconds before deciding that it did not, in face, depict the front half of an axie that had been chopped in half. I'm relieved.

Tank is looking great! You do seem to have some tea lovers.
Ahhhhhh that would be awful! I would encourage you to report me for animal abuse lol. “It’s ok axolotls regenerate”. Thanks! I got more plants for the 20 long today but was too busy to update. Plan to do it tomorrow!

@OliveFish05
You seem to have a lot of pets. How many pets (besides fish) do you have including how many rabbits?
We don’t talk about it… too many!

Now my family as a whole (my mother, father, older brother, and 3 younger sisters, plus me) has 9 dogs, 2 horses, 3 cats, 7 parakeets, a lovebird, the 7 rabbits, 2 hedgehogs, and a partridge in a pear tree. ;) As crazy as having 9 dogs sounds, my parents felt like each of my siblings and I having a dog that we raised, trained, and had full responsibility for would teach us things we would use for years to come such as responsibility, patience, and diligence, as well as doing our best and caring for another living thing. The the effort pays off with the relationship we have with that dog as OUR companion. The PLAN is for my siblings and I to each take our own dog with us when we move out. In all honesty it doesn’t FEEL like too many pets most of the time. My family has the family pet chores (like the horses and the cats) distributed evenly, then we each have our own personal responsibilities for our personal pets. For example

Older brothers personal pet chore is taking care of his dog.

My personal pet chores include caring for my dog, my parakeet, my rabbits, and my fish

My younger sisters each have their birds and their dog to take care of, and one of them has two hedgehogs.

Then we all help with the cats and the horses.

Sometimes it is hard to have so many pets, our family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) is very judgmental about it, which definitely hurts.

:clap:

Maybe you ought to breed purebred dogs.... you could make some good money doing that...lots more than breeding rabbits

you could enter every Pet of the Month contest in the next 3 years showing off different pets.

Last edited:
You might enter one of your horses in an upcoming POTM contest.

You might enter one of your horses in an upcoming POTM contest.
I thought about it for this past one! Even took the picture of them with the note. Problem was the entry was almost over and they were dirty from rolling in the red clay we have in all the dirt around here.

Maybe you ought to breed purebred dogs.... you could make some good money doing that...lots more than breeding rabbits
My mom tried breeding dogs when I was little and hated the stress. She says when I was little (I would’ve been 6, making my oldest siblings 7 and my youngest sister like a newborn or not even born yet) that it was just too much to handle 5 kids AND 5-11 puppies. She bred a golden doodle (years before they were widely available) who had 11 puppies and a beiwer terrier who had 5. I am actually selling out the breeding rabbits and keeping two as pets, I am going to be doing college courses in school next year and even this year was hard to have time for everything AND school. I have an aunt who breeds purebred, pedigreed hypoallergenic Siberian cats. Hers have won high titles in shows that she has gone all over the country to attend. She has devoted 20+ years into improving the quality of the kittens she produces. Now THAT makes money. I think she said she started out selling them for $1,200 and is now up to $1,700-$2,200. She says her wait list is a year long and that she is supposedly on the list of top ten Siberian cat breeders in the US.

Got 10 neon tetras for the tank, and the girl gave me 11 by mistake! I also got a red racer nerite snail, who is just too cute. I bought some Willow hygro and don’t know if I like it or not…

I got a betta and a 5 gallon tank for my desk. Unfortunately the betta will be in his cup (yes I bought him at petco:blush:) a couple days longer while I get his tank all together. Plan to put that golden potho in there for him, draping and hanging over the edge. Might even let those Monstera cuttings grow out one side of it too. My main monstera plant wasn’t ready for me to take cuttings, but I dropped the vacuum on it, so a whole side was smashed and bent. I took the damaged leaves and tried to salvage what I could. Definitely kicking myself
B96A99DB-F910-433C-B461-1D58A881D4D8.jpeg
597A5463-3E98-4CC4-BD78-DA50B42EBC5F.jpeg

He has a little bit of a gross, rotten flesh colored face. It’s just the color of his face, there’s nothing wrong with it, but I definitely didn’t think about it when I bought him.

Got 10 neon tetras for the tank, and the girl gave me 11 by mistake! I also got a red racer nerite snail, who is just too cute. I bought some Willow hygro and don’t know if I like it or not…

I got a betta and a 5 gallon tank for my desk. Unfortunately the betta will be in his cup (yes I bought him at petco:blush:) a couple days longer while I get his tank all together. Plan to put that golden potho in there for him, draping and hanging over the edge. Might even let those Monstera cuttings grow out one side of it too. My main monstera plant wasn’t ready for me to take cuttings, but I dropped the vacuum on it, so a whole side was smashed and bent. I took the damaged leaves and tried to salvage what I could. Definitely kicking myselfView attachment 148909View attachment 148910

He has a little bit of a gross, rotten flesh colored face. It’s just the color of his face, there’s nothing wrong with it, but I definitely didn’t think about it when I bought him.
I don't know, that's a pretty nice pleco you got there. I personally like that colour, for some reason, but that might just be me as a pixel artist liking weird and interesting colours.

EDIT: betta betta betta why'd I say pleco betta betta betta

Last edited:
I don't know, that's a pretty nice pleco you got there. I personally like that colour, for some reason, but that might just be me as a pixel artist liking weird and interesting colours.
I love the blue and the yellow, but his face is funny. At least someone likes it! I am sure it will grow on me. Pleco :rofl:

Nice plants. I bought a monstera & it’s looking monstrous. Removed from tank & put in ICU.
I love my monstera! I was so mad at myself when I dropped the vacuum on it. Mine is decently large, or at least it was.

Nice pets! I really want an emu 🙃. They are so cute, and they have so much personality. Unfortunately, my area will not allow large exotic animals :(.
Aww that is disappointing. They are beautiful. We are not part of our neighborhoods HOA so many of the neighborhoods rules do not apply to us.

We used to have Muscovy ducks. They had the absolute most personality of any bird I’ve ever met. So much more enjoyable than chickens! Our big drake, Monte, was the best. I got him as a 3 day old lonely little duckling. The farmer we got him from said that sometimes his birds (he had like a huge variety, from ducks to peafowl to guinea fowl) would lay their eggs just around the yard and normally the dogs would just snatch them up eat them, so it was never a problem. One of his Muscovy hens went around the yard one day and made a nest of 5 eggs she found around the yard. He let her sit the best because he thought it was so cute. He said every single egg hatched and he had two peafowl, two guinea fowl, and one little Muscovy duckling. We bought that little duckling for $5 and he grew up to be this, with a whole flock of beautiful hens. This was him with Hazel, his favorite hen.
0C7380F8-D039-4E24-AE3C-F5CC5F609CBA.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back