Older Female Guppy with Bent Spine

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ahh... ok haven't done that in the past but I guess I should will see if I can get another smaller tank. 5 gallon would be sufficient right?

it depends on the size of the fish being quarantined. Big fish need a big tank, small fish like tetras should be ok in a tank that is 18+ inches long.

A 5 gallon tank should be fine as just a temporary quarantine tank. Just clean the water daily on larger fish. I have kept goldfish in 5G QT temporarily. Good luck and have a safe trip!

No I figured they would be fine for two weeks without me. I don't really have any friends who would know what they are doing.

I just got back yesterday. Two of the Julii cories died. Everyone else looks ok. The one with a bent spine, kinda has a hump or bump in her spine and seems to have a little trouble swimming at times. I am thinking of putting her down so she doesn't breed any more and to potentially put her out of her misery (I don't know for sure if she is in pain but she does seemed stressed at times simply with trying to swim, almost tips on her side at times but she quickly corrects this). What is the best way to put a fish down? Freeze it or clove oil or....?

Everyone has their preference. I use clove oil. If I have vodka, I use it too. IMO, it’s the mist humane way. Slowly freezing them is painful and I just can’t whack one. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back