Old member - New tanks

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aquascaper

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Seeing as we now have 3 marine tanks running I figured it was time to pop back on here and say hello, see what's changed and who's still around from back in the day
20 years experience in the hobby and have seen huge leaps in the technology available and I'm amazed at how easy (and inexpensive) it is now to keep marines compared to when I started.
Hope to be able to help out with questions/problems and share some of the things I've learned.

Hi and welcome back :)

what are you keeping in your marine tanks and do you have any pictures of them :)

Reef Tank:
20180810_151443-min.jpg

Predator Tank:
20180810_151519-min.jpg

Nano Tank:
20180811_185757-min.jpg

The pink and yellow fish in the first picture, is that a bicolor dottyback or a royal gramma?
How many red line cleaner shrimp are in that tank, I see 1?

Have you thought of getting a second ocellaris/ percula clown and breeding them?

That is a fully grown Royal Gramma and there is only one cleaner shrimp, we had 2 others but he wants to be on his own it seems as he bullys any others.

We had two Clownfish in the main reef tank but lost one. The remaining one is a complete pillock and hosted a powerhead and hardly ever came away from it so he was moved to the nano where he seems happier and free swims a lot more (although he's hosting the powerhead in there now)

When the leather corals are bigger the clownfish should hang out in one of them.

Red line cleaner shrimp are normally social creatures and can be found in huge groups in the wild. And even in captivity I have seen groups living happily together in the same tank.
Do you feed your shrimp or let it scavenge? Red lines eat heaps and have a high metabolism. If you don't give them enough food they can get grumpy. I fed mine 2-3 times per day.

As I said before the Clownfish is a pillock and won't host anything other than a powerhead. We've had him almost a year and when in the main reef tank with his partner he had the choice of leather mushrooms, a huge elegance, a huge octobubble, hammers & frogspawn and showed no interest in hosting anything so i doubt hes going to change :)

Have you tried her with an anemone?

And do you know if she is a percula or ocellaris clown? Ocellaris will normally live in anything but percula prefer anemones.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back